Mar 1, 2005

The Go! Team: Thunder, Lightning, Strike!



I'm probably behind the times, I might even have bad taste, but The Go! Team album Thunder,Lightning, Strike, may just be the worlds most perfect pop album of all time. The first time I heard this album I didn't really know what to thing, but it grew on me by the third track and now I LOVE IT! It is ... well it is a cheery little album. I don't know how else to describe it, but it puts a smile on my face and a spring in my step. Seriously. It is the musical equivalent of my "purple happy pills" (aka welbrutrin). Anyway, you have to check them out. You can listen to three songs without signing up for their mailing list. I recommend songs 1, 2, and 3. It's possible the reason I like them so much is because they are subliminally sampling Sesame Street music.

4 comments:

Brian said...

I shall check them out. I could use a musical equivalent to the happy pills right about now!

(And how could you not be a perfect pop band with a name like that?)

Bella_by_Barlight said...

Yay! Well if you go to thier web site you can listen to the three songs and see if you like them. The whole album is pretty much like those first three songs.

http://www.thegoteam.co.uk/layout.html

babydufus said...

did you say the "perfect" pop album? i guess there are two no three things i'd like to find.. oooh what a great idea for a blog entry... sorry so getting back to this album..i'm going to nave to check it out. the best i've found to date is "stab the unstoppable hero" by a (now defunct) cali band called arlo. they are quite hard to find online but if you'd like a listen i could prolly gmail you some stuff. lemme know.

Bella_by_Barlight said...

Well, I am interested in what you think... Okay, and tell me if you think it isn't even "pop". I swear on the bellameter it is SOOOO pop. You can tell me if you hate it too, I wont be offended :P