Mar 10, 2005

This weeks BEST CD EVER!™



You have to understand that by BEST I mean, the one I like this week.

I am so very very tempted to post The Go! Team again, because I'm a woman possessed. But actually, I like something else at least as much now since I listened to it again on my walk home tonight.

Brazilian Girls - Brazilian Girls

If I close my eyes and let my mind wander, this album conjures up white sandy beaches, chilled martinis, red lipstick, salt shimmer on tanned legs and ridiculously impractical shoes - which is good really, since there are no Brazilians in the band and only one girl. If you're going to name your band Brazilian girls you should either have some Brazilian girls in the band, or at the very least, be able to conjure one up with sumptuous atmospheric music.

Don't google "Brazilian Girls" at work with the safe search feature turned off. Here's a link to their web site.

Brazilian Girls website

Here's a link to the Verve site which has a sample of the Lazy Lover EP if you want a little sample of the style of music.

Or better yet, if you like Groove Armada, Jaffa, Interpole, and or Stereolab you will probably like this. Just go buy it. They live in New York and probably have rent to pay and shit like that.

4 comments:

darth said...

ridiculously impractical shoes?...hmmmm...taking a taxi 1/2 block to 5th Floor....i know that song i think...:lol:

and..i googled brazilian girls..and in google images...the band actually did come up on page one! uh..along with..you know...the girls.

Arethusa said...

I've been listening to the Brazillian Girls remix of a Blossom Dearie song featured on the latest Verve Remix album. S'very good stuff.

Coinky dink! (puke-worthy, i know)

babydufus said...

couln't sleep tonight/this morning and that was just what i needed. they were only my fav band for about three minutes... but nice shoes...

Bella_by_Barlight said...

It seems there is a "trick" to replying to blogs that involves reloading until you hit the virtual sweetspot of the bloggods.

The distance from W to 5th Floor is further than it looks!

Arethusa, I'd never heard of them before last week, I should buy more samplers.

Baby, maybe you'll like next weeks "BEST CD EVER!" better.