Jun 23, 2005

Likwit Junkies: BEST BAND EVAH!™

Yesterday I was all excited because today I was going to come here to my blog and tell everyone all about how I was going to see Brazilian Girls. Unfortunately they cancelled the show. I don't like to be slanderous, but I think something like this happened:


1) One of the band members has either a DUI conviction or some sort of criminal sort of something and found out they can't cross the border into Canada. This is the worst case scenario because it means they may never come to Vancouver.
2) Someone told them how fucking AMAZING they are and they went, "HELL YEAH! What are we doing playing a dinky little club in Vancouver for?"
I'm kinda consoled though because tonight is the fabulous Jazz Fest opening galla. Also, I forgot that I had some spare content stored up for emergency use: The Likwit Junkies are last weeks BEST BAND EVER!™



As you may have noticed I have a fairly consistent musical preference. For example, if it has a sexy slow thumping rhythm, I am THERE. The Likwit Junkies fill the bill almost as well as the burlesque music I posted about yesterday.

If you click the title of this thread, it will whisk you away to a site where you can download one of their tracks. See if you like it, it is free after all and perfectly legal, Miss Makes-it-her-business-to-care.

The Hop, the sample track, is good. It's great in fact. But it is not the best on track on the album. That would have to be either Keep Doin It, or maybe One Day Away or Change which is a heartbreaking portrait of a ghetto experience begining with child abuse and neglect and culminating in a drug overdose. Actually, it's a beautiful song, the background chorus of "no" is powerful. But then, I have a bit of Holden Caulfield in me...

...I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody's around - nobody big, I mean - except me. And I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but that's the only thing I'd really like to be.
The Catcher in the Rye
Holden Caulfield in Chapter 22


As usual I'm way off topic. Listen to the sample and if you like it, buy the CD. Aside from the tragic nature of the previous example there's also this song The Good Green which despite it's seductive and erotic innuendo, is actually an erotic ode to the beautiful green goddess WEED.

No comments: